The U.S. without burgers
The first half of August the students of the educational RMA program "Restaurant and Club Industry Management" had spent doing internship in the U.S. the purpose of which was studying the international practice in the area of restaurant business and getting acquainted with the gastronomical culture of the North America.
Educational internship plan was developed with assistance and direct participation by the educational organizations and distinguished companies, operation in the dining industry of the U.S.A.July 28 - Thursday - Day 1
• Dinner at the restaurant Cheesecake Factory
• Training at Cypress College (full day) under the supervision of Jeremy Peters, chief instructor of the hospitality faculty, who had overseen the food facilities during the soccer championship in Germany. During the course of training, the new restaurant trends were discussed, as well as effectiveness of marketing instruments in enticing new customers. The course also included cooking master class which involved various unique recipes, followed by the dinner and wine tasting.
• Visiting the Farmer's Market in Santa Monica, the purchasing venue for many renowned restaurants.
• Introduction to the mobile restaurants Kogi BBQ - a ubiquitous trend in the U.S. which rivals the stationary restaurants and enjoys wide popularity among the consumers.
• Visiting the neighborhoods of Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive - the area of concentration of the trendiest cafe's and restaurants.
Being accompanied by Jeremy Peters:
• Visiting the Disney Land restaurants (service organization, logistics etc.)
• Dinner at the Napa Rose restaurant (awarded the best restaurant in LA of 2010
• Discussion of the subject «Combination of food and drinks»
August 2 – Tuesday – Day 6
• In the University of Las Vegas (): UNLV
• Lunch-buffet at the student campus
• Presentation by the chancellor Pat Moreo about the modern restaurant trends
• Presentation by the chief cook of the hospitality department John Gremo, tasting and party.
• Dinner at the Prime Steak House restaurant at the Bellagio hotel (cook Jean-Georges Vongerichten)
• Master class by the chief cook Sean Griffin and the maitre d' Christian Pollock
August 3 – Wednesday – Day 7
• Tour over Caesar’s Palace Hotel
• Мaster class by the personel of Food&Beverage hotel
• Tour over в MGM Grand Hotel
• Master class by the chief cook of Food&Beverage hotel
• Cocktail party at the Platinum Hotel & Spa hotel
• Visiting Nove restaurant at the Palm hotel
• Collective lunch preparation
• Tour over Cosmopolitan и Aria hotels, Food&Beverage
• Visiting Spago restaurant (the first restaurant owned by Wolfgang Pack)
• Master class by the chief cook Eric Klein
• Dinner at the Spago restaurant (continental Californian cuisine - fusion)
August 6 – Saturday – Day 10
August 7 – Sunday – Day 11
• Dinner at the Ad Hoc restaurant (the project of the famous chief cook Thomas Keller in the city of Yontville.
• Training «Sales in the hospitality industry», and wine tasting
• Visiting the Sequoia Grove vineyard (founder James Allen)
• Мaster class by the chief cook and the owner of the Hurley’s restaurant in Yontville, dinner at the Hurley's restaurant.
• Visiting of vineyards: Robert Mondavy, Beringer, Opus One
• Dinner at the restaurant in Moet&Chandon castle
• Free time
August 11 – Thursday – Day 15
• Flight Los Angeles - Moscow
• Internship certificate acceptance